Sunday, January 20, 2008

Snow

We don't get it often, here. Youngest son has had a new sled for two years, and used it for the first time yesterday! We had a calm, steady snow fall for six or seven hours, and then it froze up nicely, so this morning's wind didn't ruin the scene. Add today's crystal clear high pressure zone and bright mid-morning sun, and it was a bit dazzling. Click images for larger versions.

Last night is was particularly cozy under the big white comforter, looking out the upstairs windows at the glow on trees cast by light from the downstairs windows, where oldest son was sitting with our affection greedy male cat until late. It further fed my inner vision for Winter Dreams.

I finished the book illustration project yesterday. I spent nearly the entire day, and a number of evenings, living in the last painting. The project stretched me, and I'm grateful for the opportunity.

No comments: