Thursday, April 19, 2007

Pie II

My kids came downstairs at the dinner bell and found that we were having pie. This is the pie they saw as they entered the kitchen. They immediately took in the circle-slash symbol but were unsure what it meant. "Mushrooms and no mushrooms," I said. I thought I had been so clever to mark this chicken pie so the mushroom lovers and haters would all be set.

"I thought it was pumpkins and no pumpkins," said my oldest. I was standing on the other side of the pie from him - it was right-side up to me, like this.

Then the best part was when I sliced it and realized that when I'd spun it round to seal the crust, I had gotten confused, and the sides were marked backwards. It was easy enough to tell as I sliced the first "no mushroom" slice and it was plainly full of mushrooms. I laughed out loud.

No comments: