Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - HOME

1. 900 miles and four days later, climbing the big hill on I-85 towards Hillsborough, "That's MY hill - my home is up there on top of that hill!"
2. The flowers in all the gardens around the house, eye poppingly pretty after 4 days of interstates and conference rooms.
3. Finding out that my love was on a walk already, dropping my bag, changing dress shoes for sneakers and dashing out to find her.
4. Knowing we almost always take the same evening route, because of the light, so I could take it backwards.
5. Seeing my love ahead of me going down one of the streets in our neighborhood.
6. The way the world had been only teasing until I saw her.
7. When my love heard me whistle our signal and turned, her smile and the way she skipped towards me.
8. The long hug when we met on the street.
9. The talk on the way home, washing away my trip.
10. Neighbors passing, smiling and waving at us as we walked, but leaving us to our tete-a-tete.
11. Just sandwiches for dinner after so many overly large portions on the road.
12. Seeing my children and talking with two during dinner, while the oldest was upstairs working on a story.
13. Being here thinking how lucky I am to have all this to come home to, and counting these 13 blessings.

No comments: