Thursday, May 3, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award

Moomin Light granted me a "Thinking Blogger Award" (in a PS sort of). Knowing her as well as I do, I appreciate this - she has pretty high standards for thoughtfulness and clarity.

Here are the rules for this meme, as she wrote them:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.


2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,


3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

She bent the rules and nominated 7 bloggers - when the meme is normally for 5.

So I'm going to re-establish equilibrium by awarding 3.

I would also have nominated Breakfast with Pandora - if she hadn't already. And I would have nominated her blog. So in a way I do have 5 in mind...

Three other blogs I read regularly because they make me think (and in ways I wouldn't on my own) are:

Some_myrrh - who writes about her unique view of the world through her faith and her ever increasing knowledge, about singing (possibly her brightest passion), about plants, about love and friends, about dreams and angels, and more.

Beyond the Fields We Know
- by Kerrdelune - who also practices a deep faith in the far north and shares it in essay, poem, and photo. "Thinking" is too limiting a way to describe her blog, because to me it seems written from places that are beyond what we normally call thought.

Learning Daily - by Cindy Woods - an illustrated blog. While there are few words in her posts, I find her drawings moving because of their immediacy, their intimacy, and their quiet love. She indeed learns her subjects, a special right-brained form of thought, and I learn from her blog.