Thursday, March 22, 2007

Storm

This was the third or fourth watercolor I did when I started painting again. I was letting places emerge from scribbles on the paper, something I still love to do. It's like a child's drawing in some ways. I want to do more like this. The clouds were great fun; I had no idea what I was doing. Now I would have some idea how to paint storm clouds and I'd have to deliberately forget so I could play like this again.

I think that's what it's about sometimes. When you're a kid you try so hard to grow up and be like an adult. Then you get there and find out you still don't have real control or real answers to most things, and you might have been better off if you hadn't grown up so thoroughly. Can't be helped - gotta backtrack some. Maybe I should try painting with my left hand, or with my eyes closed.

No comments: