Friday, June 13, 2008

Sushi Fav

I haven't had a lot of good restaurant experiences in Columbia, SC - a city I travel to often because that's where they develop the software product I manage - but I did have my first and favorite sushi experience there. A good friend guided me through my first sushi about five years ago, and I've been going back ever since. It's a little place in O'neal Court called Inakaya.

We usually sit at the sushi bar (photo above) where we see the chefs produce their beautiful plates and hear them call the orders (in Japanese) into the grill and tempura kitchen behind the curtain. On the other side of this little restaurant is a lovely display of sake casks and Japanese dolls. I've had some deep and complex conversations here, personal and professional. If at some point my job changes, and I stop having reason to visit Columbia, SC again, this is one of the things I will miss.

No comments: