Thursday, July 12, 2007

More Color Sweet Tooth Madness

My kids thought I was going to extremes again when I took pictures of my breakfast (before pouring the milk - it'd be crazy to waste time while the Cheerios got soggy). What could I do? Food and colors - what a combination! It was the colors of the peach pieces, the blueberries, and the table cloth* that forced me to get the camera. Usually I have Cheerios with just milk - I read (and reread in rotation) my back issues of The English Garden in the mornings before work, when I'm eating alone - so I don't really notice. But this breakfast of my discontent was made glorious by this sun of fruit.**

The mug is one Moomin Light and I got years ago - before kids. We have this one and a brown rabbit in similar pattern. They were called "Minimal Mugs." I can't find a thing about them on the Internet.

* Table cloths from Provence - we bought ours year after year at the shop de Provence et d’ailleurs in Blowing Rock, NC.

** "Now is the winter of our discontent / made glorious summer by this sun of York" - famous opening lines introducing us to the character of Richard III in Shakespeare's play. The Duke of Gloucester speaks them (about Richard - the last king from the house of York).

No comments: