Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sketching in Roswell Again

I went back to Roswell, GA one evening recently, and I did a stylized sketch of the fashion boutique (Capricious) whose owner had previously let me sit on one of her benches in order to draw the cafe across the street. The shop was closed before I got there this time. They have lovely windows, and elegant choices displayed, and I like their sign/logo.

Fountain pen with brown Noodler's Ink (which runs nicely), blue ink, black prismacolor pen, and watercolor (limited to turquoise, French ultramarine, and a tiny bit of burnt umber).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the look of the ink, prismacolor pen and watercolor. This is really lovely. I love the bit of rug you included in the bottom of the drawing. Well done!

susan said...

It is a lovely drawing of what appears to be part of a very gracious environment. The colors used and your attention to the details make it a very tender piece.