Monday, September 15, 2014

Five Pastels - 19 through 23

It was one twisted moment after another at the day job today.  Everything was unexpectedly harder and more emotional than usual.  Late in the evening I drew my way through my frustration to some kind of steady place.  I've noticed that the very best days, the ones that seem to be peak moments for me (last Friday), are frequently followed by some of the hardest (today, Monday).  Keeps my head from getting fat.

Below are pastels 19 through 23 - starting with emotions that nearly tore the paper and ending with two that seemed to draw themselves.  I like all of these, in different ways.






This set completed in less than an hour and a half.  Pastel, ballpoint and Sharpie on 18 x 24 kraft paper.  Click any image for a closer look.

1 comment:

Ronda Troy Watts said...

Love the energy and movement in #19!