Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Pastel 11

I thought this was going to be something else - but it didn't want to.


After several weeks of this and the automatic drawing, I feel incomplete if I don't do at least one or the other each evening.  Better if I do both...

This is how habits start.  Is the dependence on the drawing or on the smell of the pastel dust?

Drawing stages that led to this pastel are below.  The initial drawing is done with eyes closed.  Between that and the Sharpie drawing (also below) I had to close my eyes and do more with the ball point, because nothing was emerging - no inspiration.  Though the Sharpie stage mostly followed he original drawing...  I have to quote the Wizard of Oz's last line to Dorothy, "I don't know how it works!"



Pastel, Sharpie and ball point on 18 x 24 inch kraft paper.  Click any image for a closer view.

No comments: