Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pastel 18 - Wishing for Salmon

This one happened even faster than usual - after the ballpoint lines (under 30 seconds - no planning allowed) the bear was just there (especially its face).  So was the fish.


I notice that I got the colors reversed on the salmon...  The red and green salmon have a red body and a green head.  Going with what seemed right at the time (and not stopping to do some research) fits much better with my goal for these, which is to free me and move toward a more innocent and childlike approach.  So I'm happy about it.  And I prefer the composition with the green on the left, anyway.  My favorite thing about this piece is the bear's paws - I like the pads being the raw kraft paper.

Pastel, ballpoint, and Sharpie on 18 x 24 inch kraft paper.  Click image for a closer look.

No comments: