Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Not Posting Much... A Chorus Line

Day job and other events consuming much of my time and energy these next few weeks - can't be helped, and it's mostly exciting stuff, and creative, too - but nothing I could post here. So you may not see much of me here or on your blogs these next two weeks - participation will be spotty indeed.

Last night was consumed with going to see a Broadway touring company do the revival of A Chorus Line. What a terrific show. Dearest and I saw it back around 1980, but a small touring group, not Broadway level like this. Strong dancing, great acting and singing, very moving performance - particularly for Daughter, who is a dancer. I spent much of the evening with tears streaming down my face, or on the edge of my seat for those characters. Artists - all of them - in different ways, but recognizable to me.

4 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

sounds like a lot of fun for everybody!

sorry to not be seeing you or your work for awhile but duty calls once in awhile...

take care...

L'Adelaide said...

sorry but I have a phobia about spiders and once was enough...don't want to go back and have to see that guy again so will post here, if you don't mind...it's cool your son is going into art and would love to see his piece but doubt he is much into that :)

sounds like fun...those are the days, my friend...

Genie Sea said...

Absorbing, inspiring creativity and living a creative life are wonderful indeed!

Enjoy!

Looking forward to your return. :)

Unknown said...

Neither CR nor I have ever been hugely into musicals but both our daughters are. Perhaps because they too were both dancers (SG1 for longer) and musicians all through high school.

I'm glad you and Dearest enjoyed the show.

Enjoy your whirlwind of creativity and busyness but don't work toooooooo hard! :-)

See you when you get back.

Love,
Pagan