Friday, February 27, 2009

CD Cover 4 - and an Award

Not a lot of time today - work, taxes, etc. Dearest did the lion's share of tax prep and Schedule A and the start of the 1040 this year. That helped a lot - probably over half the job, actually. I had to do the self-employment part. My art sales outstripped my consumption of supplies, and I owe Uncle Sam this year. That was kinda fun. Not paying the taxes, but being in a position to have to...

Here is CD Cover 4. He was just there, and I had to bring him forward. Then he wanted no competition, and so the rest was removed and blued out. Plenty of room for a CD title on this one. I think he has a dreamy look, like the young Elvis.

So far people in all the covers.

-----------------------

The Utah Savage gave me the "Love Ya" Award, and I gratefully accept. Though I'll be my usual perverse self and not pass it on. I can't pick. I'm gradually finding it more difficult to make that sort of judgment. Here is the text, though, that the Utah Savage posted with the award:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”

I love lots of ya - and I love ya lots. And I don't wanna pick eight. But I'm happy to get the award. Thanks, lady. And you should check out her blog and her writing (warning, strong emotional content, and strong women appear in her fiction and poetry).

7 comments:

Odd Chick said...

I'll be glad when I come to the point where I can make the paint do what the pencil does... there is something very ancient this piece of art..i don't have the verbiage..something primal- it's my kind of thing for sure

L'Adelaide said...

these are all turning out so differently but seem to have a common theme and color running through them...I can't wait to see them all lined up in one group! I am not sure what this one looks like to me but he seems vaguely familiar and he's very cool....

congratulations on another award as well and making enough money on your art that you have to pay taxes on it!!

susan said...

I see you painting with way more abandon on these little squares. They're all very alive and interesting in their individual ways.

Steve Emery said...

Odd Chick - Yes! There is something Roman about him, I think. Maybe that's why he looks like Elvis to me - that Italian nose.

Linda - Thanks! They're fun to see all together, but they're all different directions on the board, which is a little weird.

Susan - Yes, I am playing more with these than usual. I hope that freedom translates back into the larger pieces. This has been well timed and good for me. More importantly, it's been a lot of fun.

Leah said...

beautiful. i love this face. he seems like a fairy or something out of a dark circus.

lisahgolden said...

I read your Dearest's blog and laughed. The acronym FAFSA has been mentioned on more than one occasion around Golden Manor lately.

Wow. Another gorgeous painting. A young warrior dreaming of being an artist?

Steve Emery said...

Leah - Like Cirque de Soleil!

Lisa - FAFSA is just the start... got to do that one before anything else is possible. I warned everyone that the results of FAFSA would be bizarre, and they were. The result returned was that we could afford to pay $20K per year towards Oldest's college. Oldest as shocked. I just laughed. I reminded him that while we feel we live simply compared to some we see around us, and while we never seem to have any money left over, we actually live well above the poverty line.