A la The Pagan Sphinx, who was kind enough to not tag anyone and inclusive enough to invite everyone. 11 one word questions.
1. Clothes - denim pants and jacket. Soft long sleeved shirts and sweaters. A red beret. I don't like shorts or the clothes of summer. I don't like being barefoot (too distracting), so I like socks.
2. Furniture - I can't decorate or pick furniture for appearance. Comfort matters, but I seldom get that right, either. Our bed is my favorite item, and, after nearly 30 years, we finally got it right.
3. Sweet - My dearest, whose smile, voice, touch, and shape are all joys to me. Everything else is a sad failed copy of sweet. But within that sweet is a very sharp mind, with a spicy attitude. Like a chocolate covered red hot.
4. City - I love so many - Small ones, like Winston-Salem, Lynchburg and Charleston to large ones like Boston, San Francisco, London and Paris. They're like people - all different but instantly recognizable. One thing that I retain and recall most about cities is their unique qualities of light. This is particularly true of Paris, Greenville, NC, and San Francisco.
5. Drink - Sometimes only tequilla shots will do. Sometimes a good beer with a friend (thanks, Alex!) Sometimes a really good wine, like a Muscadet (bottled sunshine!) or a good Montepulciano with a red meat sauce. I don't care much for soft drinks, and coffee caffiene makes me weird and unpleasant (for me and for other people).
6. Music - Everything from P!NK to Vivaldi, from Beethoven's Ninth Symphony playing in my head (everyone in this house has an internal soundtrack, and we compare notes - if we don't mind the contagion that results from sharing...) to Cake playing on the PC that sits on my art table (thanks, again, Alex).
7. T.V. Series - None. No regular TV. Hardly any watching of anything, in fact. Cuts off painting. My muse does not like competition.
8. Film - Spirited Away or My Neighbor Totoro, both by Miyazaki
9. Workout - at lunch at work I like to sit in the break room ALL ALONE and do logic puzzles. Sudoku and fill-ins are favorites. The Sudoku deductive reasoning events feel physical to me, like particular named climbing moves to lever, chimney, and friction climb my way around the walls of a challenging cubical interior. I don't rock climb in the corporeal world...
10. Pastries - Cinnamon rolls. Raisin bread. But more than anything, the yeast sweet rolls found in Italian bakeries in the towns along the Hudson River in NY. The water makes them unique, and they remind me of many happy childhood moments.
11. Coffee - Decaf only - see #5. I drink it unpredictably, and only when out. We don't own a coffeemaker. I will drink it black, with cream, with cream and sugar, and even iced - all without pattern. Sometimes I crave it. It's the most complex food (chemically) that we ingest, and I can easily believe that when drinking it. SO much going on.
Like the Pagan Sphinx, I tag no one, and invite anyone to play along.
>>>> Appendix de Grenouille <<<< I also perform this meme.
Clothes - do not be silly.
Furniture - voila - you have already witnessed my preference for tomatoes.
Sweet - mayflies are perhaps my favorite.
City - Nice before Paris. St. Paul de Vence before Nice.
Drink - Never inside, but it is nice outside. Of moi, I mean.
Music - I am indifferent, quelle dommage. But I hear well beyond the range of Etienne and other humans.
T.VSeries - Qu'est-que c'est?
Film - Marx Bothers. Tous tous droll.
Workout - Qu'est-que c'est? Is this perhaps the commute, when one works outside the home?
Pastries - A variation on baklava, using beetles instead of noisette.
Coffee - but of course, Coffee Frog has already demonstrated this.