Sunday, October 5, 2008

Travel Accidents

Not all travel accidents are the unfortunate kind. A work colleague and I had to stay in Charleston, SC recently. We found that one of the landmark hotels was running some cheap rates as a result of the fall off of tourism. So we booked at the Anchorage Inn, on Vendue Range, just a few blocks from the water, and less than half a block from East Bay street, where we had the meeting that brought us to town.

My friend's room was ordinary, without even any windows, due to the row-building situation in that part of Charleston. Mine was on the ground floor, looked out on Vendue Range, and was a suite! All for the same price. I wasn't there much, with meetings and gadding about Charleston in the one evening I had, but it was an exceptionally beautiful, clean, fresh smelling room, full of Charleston charm. I found out my suite usually lets for nearly $250 a night. I had it, on the company, for $99.

>>>> Appendix de Grenouille <<<<

Oui, you perhaps have noticed that the numbering of the appendicis c'est finis. We could no longer keep up, and the order of the posts was getting more complex than Etienne and I could keep straight. He informs me that we must keep it simple, because the brain of a frog is too small to be discovered during an amphibious autopsy (some procedure done in a human biology class, though if it is a human biology class why are the students not searching for a human brain? I hear they are equally difficult to locate.)

Au revoir,

Grenouille

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love a deal! And nice room!